Offers the full range of camp activities, ocean awareness, and safety. Runs Monday through Friday
- 2-3 campers per coach
- Surf etiquette/environmental awareness
- One-on-one surf lessons (in the beginning)
- One-on-2 or 3 surfing as they advance
- Stimulating fitness-oriented beach & ball games, sand-structure building
- Team building & friendship-building activities
- Award-winning San Diego Surf and Del Mar Camps
- August 3-7 from 9 am to 12:20 pm: SOLD OUT!
- August 3-7 from 1 pm to 4:30 pm: SOLD OUT!
- August 10-14 from 9 am to 12:20 pm: SOLD OUT!
- August 10-14 from 1 pm to 4:30 pm: SOLD OUT!
- August 17-21 from 9 am to 12:20 pm: TICKETS
- August 17-21 from 1 pm to 4:30 pm: TICKETS
- August 24-28 from 9 am to 12:20 pm: TICKETS
- August 24-28 from 1 pm to 4:30 pm: TICKETS
Due to Covid-19 County Guidelines, every child must provide their own boogie board and wetsuit. If you have any challenges registering for camp contact email@example.com immediately.
This co-ed camp, ages 7 to 14 years, involves surfing and boogie/body boarding. Campers choose activities based on personal preference, weather, and water conditions. During this camp, campers will be taught and supported in getting to a more proficient level of surfing skills regardless if they are a beginner surfer or more advanced. Whether they are boogie boarding or surfing, they become stronger, more capable ocean athletes. Body/boogie boarding skills prepare and strengthen kids for progression to surfing. During all boarding activities, kids will be exposed through paddling practice, water-flow experience, wave timing, board balance, and rules of ocean etiquette. They will be placed in groups based on their water-skill level.
Initially, we teach surfing skills rotating each student through with a one-instructor-to-one-student ratio for first-time students. Once your child has progressed and feels confident, they are allowed to surf with a ratio of 2-4 campers to one coach. At this stage, they are becoming more independent as they learn and strengthen their paddling, turning, duck diving, and pop-up skills. Our San Diego Surf Camps and Del Mar Surf Camps are highly regarded among locals and tourists alike.
Aqua-Adventures offers San Diego surf programs & ocean programs that are great for beginners to experience the ocean, develop or strengthen surf skills in the whitewater and face waves, build on bodyboarding skills, strengthen swim skills, and socialize with friends. Our coaches make it fun for your child to learn about surfing and become stronger in the ocean in a non-competitive environment. Our campers are in small groups with an average of one trained, caring coach to four campers.