We can teach in your pool, from La Jolla to Carlsbad or east as far as Poway, or ours in La Costa, Cardiff, Solana Beach, and Carmel Valley.
The Swim Academy is a wonderful companion to our Aqua-Adventures Beach Camps program, in that kids will further develop their water skills, which will in turn keep them safe in the ocean.
We understand that the experience of swimming can be traumatic for new swimmers and our goal is to minimize the stress and maximize the fun.
Our coaches are WSI certified and trained and have over 15 years’ experience teaching swim skills.
Our staff sees extraordinary progress in the students as a result of our award-winning swim lessons.
In an atmosphere of patience and love, each child can build self-esteem through repeated, incremental success. We Are Coaches, Inc. always teaches children with our philosophy, Empowered Learning, in mind.
Our goals for swimmers include:
- Enhancing swimmers’ safety and confidence in the water
- Develop and improving stroke form
- Experiencing the health and recreational benefits of swimming
Swim Academy instructors can support you in these areas:
- Infant- toddler swim
- Parent & Me swim
- Basic survival swim
- Stroke Development
- Ocean Swim Lessons
- Lifeguard Services
- Birthday Parties (Pool and Beach)
- Ladies Aerobic/Yoga Excersise Swim
- Junior Lifeguard or Swim Team Preparation
Junior Lifeguard & Turtle Preparation
Our coaches can help your child prepare for Junior Lifeguard testing and make you aware of what skills your child needs to work on to be prepared for the test Call 760.436.1514 for details.
The DMJG Swim Test:
- Hold breath for 20 seconds underwater.
- Swim 5 yards underwater.
- Tread water for 5 minutes.
- 100 yards crawl stroke swim in under:
- 2 min 30 sec for ages 9-11
- 2 min 20 sec for ages 12-13
- 2 min 10 sec for ages 14-17
Little Turtles Swim Test:
- Shallow underwater object pickup
- Tread water for 2 minutes
- Swim 50 yards crawl (freestyle) swim stroke under the following time-limits: 3:00 (3 minutes)
Our pools in Encinitas or Del Mar or yours
- $35 per 30 minutes per child; (minimum of 60 minutes in one location)
- $40 per 30 minutes, 2 students ($20 per student)
- $45 per 30 minutes, 3 students ($15 per student)
- $50 per 30 minutes, 4 students ($25 per student per 1 hour)
- $55 per 30 minutes, 5 students (minimum of 1 hr. 15 minutes)
- Must notify us 24 hours in advance to cancel class .
- Any class canceled later will be charged a $20 fee.
- Any class canceled within 24 hours can be rescheduled in the same week for no extra fee.
- Inquire about discount for pre-payment of four or more lessons.