Our Aqua-Adventures coaches take safety very seriously. One component of our camps and lessons is to stress and teach how to avoid accidents in and out of the water. Knowing about riptides, sea life, and awareness of your surroundings are ways to avoid mishaps. Our instructors are all CPR certified and are experienced swimmers and surfers. At our 15th Street location, we just a few yards away from the main Lifeguard Station in case there are any safety challenges. Lifeguards are always available for help in an emergency.
1. Each counselor has a team of four campers that becomes their own “family.” (4:1 ratio)
2. Counselors are with campers at all times, even escorting them to the restrooms.
3. Surfing is 1:1 ratio for all beginning surfers.
4. All surfing is taught on safe, soft foam boards.
5. Campers are in front of the lifeguard tower while in the water.
6. Campers are in shallow water at all times, except for advanced surfers who head out past the whitewater accompanied by a surf instructor.
7. Our staff is CPR/First Aid Certified.
8. An adult supervisor is on location at all times.
9. Counselors help kids apply sunscreen at snack and lunchtime.